TRE ® exercises (Tension & Trauma Releasing Exercises) are a set of exercises that help reduce stress and tension in the body.
During exercise, neurogenic tremors set off in the body, which are regulated by the person exercising them. These tremors are a natural and innate mechanism found in all mammals. They appear in difficult situations, during times of intense stress, when we feel cold or experience great pleasure. We often associate this “quake” with something uncomfortable, with a weakness that our body shows in this way, and it is the most natural form of discharging too much tension. TRE® exercises remind the body that trembling is good and can afford it, thereby releasing too much tension, held back emotions and stress.
We recommend TRE® exercises to people who have experienced trauma, be it on a physical or emotional level, as well as to people who experience stressful situations in their everyday lives.
TRE® is especially used by people who perform professions with a high intensity of stress: soldiers, rescuers, firefighters, teachers, psychologists, doctors and event managers. As well as in people involved in sports, as well as in various types of physical activity (dancing, gymnastics, yoga, etc.), exercise helps to regulate and relax the body after physical exertion and psychophysical stress.
Benefits of practicing TRE®:
- reducing the symptoms of stress and tension
- relaxation – even in permanently tense people
- reducing the level of anxiety and anxiety
- calming the crowds of thoughts in your head
- improving the quality of sleep
- improving the work of internal organs
- regulation of the endocrine system
- help in returning to “here and now”
- recovery after injuries and surgeries
- increasing the flexibility of the body
- increasing the level of energy and immunity
- pain reduction
- support in the process of psychotherapy
- improving relationships with loved ones and in relationships
Contraindications to the use of TRE®:
- pregnancy, postoperative status, fractures, joint strains;
- requiring consultation: pharmacologically treated psychiatric diseases (including deep depression, schizophrenia), blood pressure disorders, hypo / hyperglycaemia, epilepsy, heart disorders (arrhythmia, pacemaker, operations).